There are two versions of ZEN Portfolios, a basic, free version and a premium, paid version. There are also some optional add-ons.
Here’s what you get with the free version:
- full e-portfolio features including access to 200 themes, complete privacy control, embedding of social media (e.g. YouTube, Twitter, FaceBook, LinkedIn, social book marking tools like Delicious, etc.), tracking stats (both Google Analytics and an internal stats package), custom e-portfolio post types that make it easy to add in your e-portfolio artifacts (e.g. introductory bio, events, example of work, credentials, your files and images, etc.), contact forms, media library, RSS feeds, spelling and grammar check, ability to import and export content, regular back-ups, and more…
- up to 10 additional registered users for your e-portfolio
- 20 megabytes of storage. This should be sufficient for a basic e-portfolio. If you find you need more space, you can purchase extra storage ($20 per 3 Gigabytes), migrate to our premium offering (that includes 3 Gigabytes) or if you are on a tight budget, you could sign up for the free option at a third party storage service like Box.net or Dropbox.com and then integrate your files with your ZEN Portfolio (it’s easier to have your files all at one place with ZEN Portfolios but if you have more time than money, it’s a decent work around).
- e-Portfolio tips guidebook and video and print instructions for setting up your ZEN Portfolio.
- access to basic ZEN Portfolio support forum
- inclusion in the ZEN Portfolios directory
Note: Unlike many free Web services offered by other companies, there are no ads placed on your ZEN Portfolios e-portfolio, even with the free package. There is one internal ad area that is displayed on your e-Portfolio admin dashboard (only you will see this, it won’t be displayed on your e-portfolio). This small ad area on your dashboard will be for the promotion of internal services only (not third party ads). There is also a small link placed in the footer of your e-portfolio saying “Created with ZEN Portfolios, a ZEN247 company | Powered by WordPress” with links going to ZENPortfolios.com, ZEN247.com and WordPress.org respectively (on the premium, paid version, you can take this footer out if you like).
Signing up for a free account to add your existing e-Portfolio to the ZEN Portfolios directory
If you already have your e-portfolio developed with another tool and are happy to continue using that tool, you can still sign up for a free account with ZEN Portfolios and still submit your e-portfolio to the ZEN Portfolio directory. This would enable you to create an e-portfolio with one introductory bio posting that would appear in the ZEN Portfolio directory and link to your main e-portfolio (hosted at your location).
If you prefer, you can sign up for our premium version at $35 US per year. We don’t offer monthly packages but if you aren’t fully satisfied with the service within 30 days of signing up, we will provide you with a full refund.
Here is what you get with the premium version in addition to the features listed above for the free version:
- 5 gigabytes of storage
- domain pointing. This is the ability to point to a personal domain name (e.g. instead of zenportfolios.com/cyrijones, your ZEN Portfolio could be located at cyrijones.com, note: if you don’t already have a domain name, you would first need to purchase the domain name where you want your ZEN Portfolio to point to. You can purchase a domain name at Go Daddy for about $10 (needs to be renewed annually).
- up to 150 additional registered users
- premium ZEN Portfolios support forum (access to additional forums with extra support to help you develop a high quality e-portfolio)
- e-portfolio support forum for teachers and school administrators (for school staff and faculty only)
- email support
- telephone support (for school partner contacts)
Note: The premium version usually works best for school e-portfolio programs where you want your students and faculty to have the maximum support possible and the ability to have sufficient memory storage to upload their e-portfolio files to the ZEN Portfolios media library (and not need to use additional external file storage services, this extra step of using external file storage services can create an extra hurdle for students).
We offer volume discounts for schools and other organizations that have large e-portfolio implementations. Please contact us for a quotation.
Special offer for schools that sign up by Sept. 3rd, 2010
We currently have a promotional offer offering more than a 50% discount ($15 per user per year instead of the regular $35) to the first 10 schools that sign up for the ZEN Portfolios premium service by Sept. 3rd, 2010. Four schools have signed on and there are six spaces left. This is intended for schools that want to launch a new e-portfolio program to a pilot group or campus wide for the fall 2010 semester
We also have optional, add-on services to enhance your e-portfolio.
Extra Storage — $20 per 3 Gigabytes
Additional registered users (up to 500) – $30 per year
e-Portfolio Quality Assessment Services
- e-Portfolio Audit Bronze — $20 for assessment checklist of your e- portfolio on more than 30 criteria
- e-Portfolio Audit Silver — $100 for assessment checklist plus up to half an hour of telephone consultation
e-Portfolio Audit Gold – $200 for assessment checklist from two separate assessors plus up to an hour of telephone consultation
If you meet the assessment criteria (after receiving your assessment feedback), your e-portfolio will be specially tagged and may appear higher in the e-Portfolio directory (some employers like to filter their search to e-portfolios that have been audited and have been designated as a quality e-portfolio.
Digital Identity Services
- Avatar Portrait Service Electronic (custom avatar portrait or caricature based on submitted photos, scanned and emailed back) – $75
- Avatar Portrait Service Combo (16″x16″ avatar pastel portrait plus electronic scan emailed to you) – $100 plus shipping of physical portrait
- Avatar / Personal Branding Service (recommendations on how to establish or improve your personal online identity / brand, useful for professionals that want to improve their online identity and be recognized by their avatar that acts like a personal logo) – Prices vary. Request Quotation.
We also offer consulting services to schools requiring assistance in implementing a pilot or campus wide e-portfolio program. Rates available upon request.
To request an invitation sign-up code to ZEN Portfolios, click here.