NEW: No further updates will be made to this e-portfolio. Visit my new e-portfolio:http://curtisclark.tumblr.com/
Vice President Philanthropy [ May 2011-Present ] Vice President Finance [ March 2011-May 2011 ] Junior Associate [ January 2011-March 2011 ]
BCIT AIM is a networking club that allows students to be involved, learn about industry, and meet potential employers and industry professionals.
- Established the British Columbia Children’s Hospital Foundation as BCIT AIM’s official philanthropy. This will allow members and students to be involved in our community by hosting events to raise money and awareness of hospital and patient needs at BC Children’s Hospital. Donations can be made here: https://secure.bcchf.ca/SuperheroPages/main.cfm?Event=ICE&Member=15349
- Assisted in the promotion and ticket sales of the 2011 Year end party benefiting BCIT AIM and BCIT MA.
- Used accounting skills to develop an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of the club’s funds allowing members to see which events were successful and which were not.
- Aided in the planning and discussion of the semester’s objectives. Allowing the club to move forward with a goal in mind thus potentially increasing membership.
- Assisted in the organization and marketing of the Round Table Series, an event with four speakers from industry. This increased awareness not only of the event but of the club.
- Proposed that BCIT AIM adopt an official philanthropy for students to make positive contributions to the community. This would also raise awareness and differentiate our club from others. The proposal was approved.
The Round Table Series: (February 23, 2011)
A networking event with a focus on social media in marketing. Topics included how to start converstions and interest on Twitter, the emergence of micro-sites on Facebook, and using LinkedIn for human resources. Guests included:
- Ben Smith, VP Marketing of Polygon Homes
- Karen Marshall, Western Regional Director of Rogers Publishing and Digital Media
- Chris Walts, Manager of Community Cultivation and Digital Strategist at Tribal DDB
- Tara Padidor, Account Manager at Pereira PR.
The Social: (February 16, 2011)
A networking event that allowed first year students in the marketing program at BCIT to network with second year students. It provided an opportunity to learn about what to expect in the semesters to come and to ask questions.