The toughest and biggest project of Business Marketing 161 was to create a full blown strategic marketing plan for an existing company or a start-up company. In our first class, we were divided into separate teams and we were given the opportunity to choose our company in which we would create the marketing plan for.
The common challenges to this project was:
- Staying organized
- Maintaining excellent communication between group members
- Having all six members of the team being productive
- Making the plan as realistic and detailed as much as possible
- Presenting the marketing plan in a concise and professional fashion
I originally came up with our marketing consulting team name: Fresh Concepts.
It was a good experience to work with a team creating a realistic marketing plan for an actual company opening its doors in Gastown soon.
Our marketing professor assigned us to work together in groups to create a brief marketing plan for Capilano Calendars, which is a collection of Vancouver scenic paintings created by second year students in the IDEA program at Capilano University. The primary objective was to expand the market to a multicultural level.
The key parts of the case study were to figure out:
- strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to their calendar products
- an effective marketing strategy
- financial considerations, such as a break-even analysis
- implementation to put their plan into action
- a possible contingency plan to fall back on
Since I started my summer semester doing Business Marketing 161 at Capilano University, my professor Cyri Jones has given me a great insight on the concept of marketing. I was told that marketing is about “finding out what people want, and giving it to them at a profit”. Kemp Edmonds, a graduate of the marketing diploma program at BCIT and now the social media educator at BCIT, was a guest speaker in our class and stressed the importance of social media. Marketing has expanded my knowledge about how vital it is to business.
Hello, my name is Glen Hombrebueno and welcome to my e-portfolio. I am currently pursuing my BBA at Capilano University and I am going to be posting some of my academic/professional work in this site in the near future.